While we wait, the kids and I are doing our best to keep busy and cool in the heat of a Riverside summer. We have done swimming lessons and lots of swimming in pools and splashing in sprinklers. We have been to the beach. After googling "homemade popsicles, I found what I believe to be the perfect popsicle recipe and have been making a batch whenever I can. We have been both extending and enjoying the hospitality of friends and neighbors. We have made our last trip to Disneyland for a while (our passes expire in just a few days). And in between times there have been the simple joys of hopscotch, scootering, make-believe, playdough, and playing with our dog, Jack.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Miracles and simple pleasures
It feels marvelous and miraculous to know that Liam's journey home has begun. Very soon our family will be reunited. When the kids learned that Liam was in Kuwait, they could hardly take it in. Daddy is really coming home? They are eager to be surprised by his actual arrival, but their hearts have been thrilled to hear that it will be soon.
While we wait, the kids and I are doing our best to keep busy and cool in the heat of a Riverside summer. We have done swimming lessons and lots of swimming in pools and splashing in sprinklers. We have been to the beach. After googling "homemade popsicles, I found what I believe to be the perfect popsicle recipe and have been making a batch whenever I can. We have been both extending and enjoying the hospitality of friends and neighbors. We have made our last trip to Disneyland for a while (our passes expire in just a few days). And in between times there have been the simple joys of hopscotch, scootering, make-believe, playdough, and playing with our dog, Jack.




While we wait, the kids and I are doing our best to keep busy and cool in the heat of a Riverside summer. We have done swimming lessons and lots of swimming in pools and splashing in sprinklers. We have been to the beach. After googling "homemade popsicles, I found what I believe to be the perfect popsicle recipe and have been making a batch whenever I can. We have been both extending and enjoying the hospitality of friends and neighbors. We have made our last trip to Disneyland for a while (our passes expire in just a few days). And in between times there have been the simple joys of hopscotch, scootering, make-believe, playdough, and playing with our dog, Jack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment