Saturday, September 27, 2008

Daisies

The first meeting of Clare's girl scout troop this afternoon went very well. It was a pool party, which was a perfect activity for such a hot, hot Riverside fall day. The moms sat and talked while the girls swam. There are Daisies, Brownies, Juniors and older girls in this mixed troop. At meetings where the girls are doing activities, one of the leaders takes the Daisies, one takes the Brownies, and one is in charge of the older girls. There are no monthly dues, but each family is responsible for buying the book you need to go through for the year and, in Clare's case, the Daisy apron for her patches. I can buy these items online.

We are going to meet monthly, and the October meeting is going to be at our house! We are going to do something with pumpkins...like carve pumpkins or do some other pumpkin crafts. And of course, we'll have to make pumpkin chocolate chip bars to eat and pumpkin spice lattes for the mommies (I found a recipe online that I can make at home!). :)

I didn't take any photos...but I will definitely take some of future meetings. Here is a fun picture of something else instead :).  

No comments: