Monday, September 29, 2008

Disney fun...again





My friend joked with me yesterday that we were using an "amusement park curriculum" for our homeschool this year. By sheer observation of the past couple of weeks, she would be entirely right! Between last visits with Liam before he left, visits with out of town friends and friends having birthdays there, we have been hanging out at Disneyland more than our fair share :). There was also a visit to Sea World thrown in there too!

Our last scheduled visit to Disneyland was today. Stephen's good friend turned 7 yesterday and she asked if we could go with them to Disneyland as a way to celebrate. We all have passes, so we said yes! We arrived to some freak rain (very, very strange to have rain in September in Anaheim!). But soon the Southern California sun shone brightly and we all had a great time. The kids and I kept our visit short and sweet. We arrived at 10am and left by 2:45pm, thanking God all the way home that traffic was extremely light.

Well, since we are not really using an amusement park curriculum, tomorrow it is back to the books for us!  Actually, as we walked out of Disneyland the kids and I decided that we are ready to resume our regular school schedule. We miss school! We miss Liam more...much more...but it is good to have the rhythm of school work and other activities to keep our heads and hands busy.

1 comment:

Carole said...

Hi Amy! I just got the link to your blog from Dave and I am so glad to have had the time to catch up on your entries here. I am also glad that you and Liam are both able to contribute here - Liam, your photos are really eye-opening for me because I've never had any insight into military life (other than the movies, and I'm pretty sure Tom Hanks isn't there with you).

A few of your entries here made me a bit teary thinking of you being apart from one another (at least in body but not in heart and spirit), but I will use the opportunity of my blog visits to pray for all of you. I'm grateful for the insight into your life - thanks for sharing.

much love,

Carole