It is easy for me to look ahead to the day Liam returns and to wish for it so desperately that I forget to live in the now and open my eyes to all of the goodness that God has for me each day. So...today I am grateful for...a husband who is SO worth waiting for. For three children to spend my days with and one whose presence in heaven reminds me of what the whole purpose of my life here on earth really is. For a mother who lives here with me and who is a loving servant and good companion to me and the kids. For family and friends who remember us and love us and who we can serve and love in return. For a dog to walk each day so that I am getting good exercise. For the fact that I have not been sick since Liam left and that I am able to sleep well most nights. For a sacrificing friend who drove four hours with her three young children to spend last weekend with me because it was the 2nd anniversary of the loss of our son. For gardening and knitting and baking and the overall ability to create order and beauty in my home.
To quote my brilliant spouse, "If we love these simple things, there is no reason at all why we should not always be rich." So true, my love.
my gratitude abounds...



3 comments:
a beautiful testimony of your faith, amy.
i am humbled and convicted this morning...thank you for sharing yourself.
much love and God's grace to all of you today.
amy, i love these images of daily life. what an incredibly beautiful family. a shining example of God's love.
Amy! I finally got the chance to check your blog and it is wonderful! Thank you for sharing it with me. You are an amazing mother and great example of faith to every one who meets you! I'm sorry to learn of the loss of your son as well. I too try to cherish each moment, thank you for the reminder to be grateful no matter what!
Post a Comment