Now to plan the summer garden...tomatoes here I come!!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
First harvest
This winter I planted my first ever vegetable garden (see earlier post, since I can't figure out how to link to it!) and this last week I had the pleasure of walking out to the backyard with my clippers and snipping off some lettuce and spinach to fill a bowl for our dinner-time salad. It was filthy! I gave it a good bath in some water and a quick spin in the salad spinner (a recent acquisition in my kitchen), tossed it with some other veggies and voila! A salad so yummy that Stephen ate it without dressing, exclaiming that the lettuce was the best he had ever tasted! I wholeheartedly agreed. My carrots are still tiny slivers, the onions as well, and the broccoli is still just lots of beautiful leaves with nothing resembling broccoli anywhere in sight...but the lettuce and the spinach? A success!

Now to plan the summer garden...tomatoes here I come!!
Now to plan the summer garden...tomatoes here I come!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment