
Sunday is Flag Day, which is another opportunity for us on base to have a huge barbecue with steak, lobster, crab legs, italian sausage, burgers, and more. We're usually stuck with European fare, so these days are a little slice of home, which is not to say I eat much in the way of lobster and crab at home! This picture is of a flag that I purchased and flew in Afghanistan. I bought and flew flags for my father and father-in-law, both of whom are veterans. The flag is a symbol of the sacrifice and commitment of past generations, and I sent them each one as a sign of gratitude for their service and of commitment to passing on as much of this country intact and unmortgaged as possible to my own children. "Oh say does that star-spangled banner yet wave o'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?"
2 comments:
Just wanted to stop and tell you thank you for your nice comment a while back on my blog. (it was about my daughters stillbirth). I was just scrolling through and I don't think I had seen it. It was very kind.
"The flag is a symbol of the sacrifice and commitment of past generations, and I sent them each one as a sign of gratitude for their service and of commitment to passing on as much of this country intact and unmortgaged as possible to my own children."
This sentence stood out to me and made me want to shout, Yes! Amen!
I am proud of you and your service and commitment to our country. I love you!
Post a Comment