Today was our science Friday. We didn't do a lot of science (well, baking...). Our friends came over for a Christmas get-together where we crafted and baked and exchanged gifts. Before they came I made a batch of gingerbread dough and a batch of sugar cookie dough. While the dough was chilling, the kids played and we prepared a classic craft: pinecone birdfeeders. I remember making these when I was a girl scout! We slathered peanut butter over pine cones and then rolled them in birdseed. Tomorrow I will hang them in our tree and our bird friends will be happy.

When we moved onto making cookies, I was disappointed to find that I couldn't find my special Christmas cookie cutters. I have used these since I was a girl and I just couldn't locate them. I did finally find them. In a place I had looked three times previously! We had a great time making angels and poinsettias and churches and Santas.


My house smells great, my dishwasher is humming...the end of a good day.


No comments:
Post a Comment