I was grateful tonight for the Spirit-enabled self-control I had when, directly after I set his plate of dinner down for him, Stephen proceeded to knock his glass of iced water over it, filling his plate with the water and ruining his food (very gourmet you know, tuna salad on Ritz crackers...the crackers became instant sog...really yuck). I have been known to be a bit testy with the children when they do something like this, but tonight I offered the kind and gracious words I always WANT to utter at such a moment. A small thing, but perhaps not so small to my son who was able to retain his dignity and, after I fixed him another plate, to happily eat his dinner.
The separation feels harder now that Liam has left U.S. soil. I keep reminding myself that it is another step in this long journey...each step brings us closer to the day when the separation will be over. We are all already looking forward to that!
No comments:
Post a Comment