Sunday, October 26, 2008

What do you use all of those pockets for?


Actually, the pouch is for M-16 magazines, but I wasn't issued ammo until this afternoon, so this is what was in the pocket this morning while I was traveling:

“In missionary enterprise the great danger is that God’s call is effaced by the needs of the people until human sympathy absolutely overwhelms the meaning of being sent by Jesus. The needs are so enormous, the conditions so perplexing, that every power of mind falters and fails. . . . When looking back on the lives of men and women of God the tendency is to say—What wonderfully astute wisdom they had! How perfectly they understood all God wanted! The astute mind behind is the Mind of God, not human wisdom at all.” Oswal Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, October 26.

1 comment:

Amy said...

May your mind be the mind of God, my love, as you assimilate all of the information, sights, sounds, etc. that will be coming your way in these next days.

I love seeing your face in the photo below. I have missed it these past days. Looking forward to a video chat sometime soon :).