Sunday, October 19, 2008

A tent, a cot, and an A/C unit?


This is home sweet home for the time being. The tents are air-conditioned, but the lack of insulation makes this a somewhat fruitless endeavor. I am, nonetheless, relatively comfortable. The combination of extreme dark at night and Nyquil has helped me to sleep through the night the past two nights, making me cautiously optimistic that I have beaten jetlag with hardly a fight. We'll see how tonight goes. My cold isn't so bad. It keeps my nose moist, so I haven't had the types of problems with nosebleeds that I normally would in this climate. I'm having to go to the gym daily here. The chow is excellent, and there's even a 31 Flavors in the chow hall. I've only indulged in it once, and the cookies and cream sure made me long for home and family!

3 comments:

Amy said...

So good to hear from you, sweetheart, and to see some shots of your environment there. I am so glad that you are sleeping well and, it sounds like, eating well :). Praying for you and missing you tons! Love, Amy

Katrina said...

Amy and Liam,
I stumbled upon your blog on Pleasantview Schoolhouse. I feel like I am intruding on your family communication to some degree. However I feel pressed to thank you both for your sacrafice and service to God, family and country. I don't personally know anyone who is fighting for my freedom and I have your faces to lift in prayer. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Liam,
Thank you so much for sharing these details with us. We are praying for you and Amy and the kids daily and stand by to provide any/all support as needed. Thank you all for your service to our country. We are so proud of you. Andy's friend OB (Emergency Med Doc) is deployed at Kuwait and sent us a picture of a scorpion just outside his tent the other day. I'm sure you've been briefed on the local annoyances, but I thought I'd pass it on.
With much love,
brandy and boys